It's easy to create lush backgrounds for conceptual art or for Game Maps using the Elements in the Canvas
Open a Canvas Project
- On the left panel, click Canvas and then click +New project
- Name your Canvas Project and Select your Generator
Add a solid color background
The transparent background of the canvas acts as a 'mask'. Be sure to generate on a solid color background if you do not want the AI to fill in the transparent areas.
- Select Elements from the Canvas menu
- Click the square (borderless) element and change the color to your preference
- Resize the square element to completely fill the canvas
- You can use the search bar to find basic elements for almost anything you can imagine
- Double click or drag and drop the desired elements to the canvas to set your scene
- Select a relevant color to better guide the output of the generator
Write a prompt and generate!
- Select Generate from the Canvas menu
- Write a prompt to guide your output and click Generate
In this example we used the Minerva 1.0 Signature generator withe the following prompt:
fantasy, cathedral, sunny blue sky, fluffy clouds, game background, award winning illustration, highly detailed, 8k
First we will look at the output using Image to Image, which you'll notice can take the concept of your scene and return a concept art style result. Adjusting the influence will allow you to keep the output closer to the original, and a lower influence will allow the generator to have more freedom.
For added control to create game maps, use composition control. Here we are using the landscape mode to set the scene for a 2d side-scrolling boss battle!